• Strive to present Bharatanatyam
intermingled with other South Asian classical and folk performing
in a context that appeals to Americans of Asian and Non Asian
• Explore new aspects of Bharatanatyam vocabulary while retaining
the basic principles and techniques that define the dance form.
• Represent the multiplicity and cultural diversity of our ethnically
• Synthesize multidimensional pieces where costumes, rhythms
and gestures flow together with lyrics, props, mythology and
• Undertake Cross Cultural endeavors connecting Bharatanatyam
to music and dance styles of varied origins.
• Collaborate with private and public organizations, libraries
and educational institutions and present dances at avenues catering
to different sections of the society.
• Communicate with musicians and Choreographers of different genres;
find the strands of similarities that run through us and issues
that touch our communities and create works that echo through
all of us.
• Apart from creating works of pure entertainment, produce dance
pieces that address modern day social and cultural issues.
• Foster effective communication between the media and society
by establishing an art platform that serves as a bridging tool.
• Participate in programs designed to enhance understanding of
the Arts. Design and execute special programs detailing the principles
of Bharatanatyam, its history and applications and share them
at schools and institutions of higher education.